Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Behind the Corner





Behind the Corner


Tonight I'll leave the emotions
in the bedroom.
In the drawer with laced underwear.
Neatly folded
and rarely used.
I'll put the dreams
and the yearnings
in the jewelry box.
I won't take any sky along
in any colour.
No, not a bit of abstraction.
Tonight I will be
a simple physical body.
With unknown volume.
You always missed
one of the dimensions
to determine the volume
of my restlessness.
And yet again
you exceed in calculating the surface
of each square millimeter.

Free from illusions,
like a shadow escaped from the dark,
I will wait for you
behind the corner of your thoughts.
I'll carry with me only a bottle of wine.
Dark like impure blood.
And I'll swim out of it
in your cup.
To spite all the bottles
which you attempted
to drawn me in.
You didn't succeed, did you?
I persistently held on to love.
Cork does not sink.
It floats.
You knew that, didn't you?


translation into english: Ana Pejcinova

No comments: